House Hunting in the Time of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has kept most of us confined to our homes, but this doesn’t mean that your search for the perfect home should be shelved, too. In fact, the current economic situation could very well turn into a buyer’s market, making it an opportune time to continue your house-hunting efforts.
But of course, with social distancing measures in place, this can seem next to impossible. However, the fact remains that there are numerous online tools and resources that you can use—not just to search for your dream home, but even to look at it up close and personal and ultimately close the deal. The best thing is, you don’t even have to leave home to do so. Here’s how.
- Download a checklist to guide you in the entire process of buying a home.
- Alternatively, look for an experienced real estate agent and do an online background check.
- Search for your dream home in the best house-hunting sites.
- Explore online options for home viewing like video open houses and video-chat tours.
- Use Social Media ike Facebook and Instagram to find properties for sale and communicate with owners and/or agents.
- Do your diligence online to find a home inspector you can trust.
- If your inspector finds any common problems, research the cost of repairs you may need to address.
- Clinch the sale with drive-thru closings.
- After purchasing a home, find experienced and reliable movers.
As you search for a new home in the time of COVID-19, where there’s a will, there’s a way. Before long, this virus will run its course, and you’ll be moving into your beautiful, new home as well.
Packing Boxes For Removals.
Katie Conroy is the creator of AdviceMine.com. She particularly enjoys writing about lifestyle topics and created the website to share advice she has learned through experience, education, and research.