40 Ways to Get More Business.
I have decided today to take a leaf out of my own book and practice what I preach.
With that said I am going to develop a directory of businesses and forum on my site where people can come and hangout. It is in beta stage at the moment, watch this space.
I may even start a local periodical magazine.
There is a saying ‘If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain‘ arises from the story of Muhammad, as retold by Francis Bacon, in Essays, 1625: Mahomet cald the Hill to come to him. … If the mountaine will not come to Mahomet, Mahomet will goe to the mountaine.
In other words get people to come to you, rather than you going to them. Moving one stone at a time you will eventually move the mountain.
- Design and market a business blog. In fact I have several and use them as part of my SEO link wheel. Once you have decided what your blog is about you need to have categories of different topics people actively search for and want help with. Tip use keywords in your categories.
- Guest Blog on other peoples blogs. This will create backlinks back to your default site. Ask bloggers in your LinkedIn contacts if they would be happy publishing your articles. Find Blogs similar to your niche and gust blog post there.
- Write posts on groups and social media pages. It is a good idea to also have your own group and pages.
- Online Social Media advertising, you can have a Video or Squeeze pages which can help increase your total number of conversions while providing you with enough information needed to nurture leads into sales. This applies to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Adwords, obviously you need a budget for this and Google often do promotional incentives for first time users such as get £75.00 free credit if you spend £25.00
- LinkedIn Ads are similar to Google Ads the only difference is your LinkedIn ads will only be visible on LinkedIn. However because LinkedIn is a Business Platform this by far one of the best ways to connect and network.
- Offer online courses and sell your courses on site like UDEMY. Obviously the best place to sell is on your own websites and social media platforms. Put to together a “how to” course and teach people a trade.
- Local Worshops are a good way to network and get like minded people together. This can be done online although pending lockdown restrictions regulations this can also be a physical place to meet.
- Business Listings, if you already registered with Google My Business you should, make Google your friend and they will track you and rank you faster.
- List your business with all the main business directories, like Yell, Yelp. 192 etc.
- List your business on classified websites such as Cardiff Free Ads. Just type into Google search, Classified ads and you will get your answer through the search results.
- List your Business on Business Forums and Community websites.
- Post articles on Quora and Reddit.
- Post Articles on all you social media pages consistantly otherwise people lose interest and the more times your brand is visible the more popular you will become.
- Events. If you like talking, why not speak at events, talk about your product, brand, story.
- Host a conference, get people to come to you and get them networking.
- Partner with a competitor, that way you can help each other.
- Partner with a non competing business, that may benefit your skills.
- Go to Networking Events Hosted by Other people, this can be online and physical.
- Ask for referrals. Start with family and friends and ask them to share your business cards and social media shares with their connections, you will be surprised how many people will get to see your business. Gettting referrals and utilizing your network can be a quick and easy way to score more client projects.
- Set up a suppliers page on your blog/website and get people to advertise.
- Set up an affiliate marketing program and get other people to promote your business in exchange for a commission.
- Start a competition and get people to enter their details for a chance to win a prize.
- Giveaways, give an ebook away about your niche in exchange for an email, everyone loves to get something for free. Give branded merchandise away.
- Consider outbound marketing and contact people that may be interested in your product or service.
- Editorial Advertising, put an ad in a newspaper or periodical.
- Leaflet/pamphlet advertising and post them in your neighbourhood.
- Notice Boards in Supermarkets and coffeeshops, leave your business card or small leaflet. Leave your merchandise, keyfobs, pens, handsanitisers, pin badges, balloons, mini notebooks (This depends on your advertising budget).
- Wear branded clothing that has your website address visible in bold, this is advertising on the go.
- Design a magazine and get businesses to advertise.
- Have an advertising banner on your car you can get magnetic banners.
- Gift your family, friends and neighbours with branded merchandise such as fridge magnets, pens, key fobs, mini notebooks, branded facemasks. Give things that people will use rather than throw away.
- Give a trial offer to your product or service. If you give something for free your are giving people the opportunity to test and trust you.
- Sponsor an event or auction off something using advertising, marketing strategies.
- Get your brand in the news get journalist to write about you.
- Video Marketing, you need to be professional and make your videos top notch. I do not mean tik tok style. If it looks like you have spent money on video advertising it will look like you are successful.
- Vlogging, this a good way to have brand awareness, get your staff to contribute. Have a video the day in the life of driving instructor or graphic designer etc. People like to have some sort of idea how you manage a business which may give them inspiration.
- Influencers are people that use social media platforms to promote, their products or other peoples products and service. Hire models and take photos and videos of them using your products or services and then share on all the platforms or get influencers to promote your products or services for you.
- Write a book about your business or if you do not know where to start hire a writer that will write the book for you and then send it to businesses that may find your book useful. (You could have a book the day in the life of a …….).
- Do a publicity stunt, publicity stunts are an organised events designed to attract the public’s attention to the event’s organizers or their cause. Be unique and amaze your audience with a well thought through campaign.
Nothing happens over night, however if you concentrate on social media and post banner ads eventually people will like and share and even buy. Be patient, stay focused and be consistant.
Contact Us For A Free SEO Audit Report & Help To Generate More Leads.
Please use the form below: